Howard Weiner is an attorney with 23 years of experience – all of which has been spent defending those accused of crimes.
He has worked for some of the country’s pre-eminent criminal defense firms, most recently as a Partner. He is a member of the New York, New Jersey, and California Bars and is admitted to the United States Supreme Court and several federal courts. He has been quoted in The National Law Journal and New York Times, and provided written materials used to train attorneys for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) and Practicing Law Institute.
He attended George Washington University on a Presidential Scholarship and graduated from the University Honors Program and received his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School. Prior to attending law school, he worked as an Investigator for a boutique criminal defense firm in Washington, D.C. In this capacity, he testified in 5 homicide trials in State and Federal courts. He also did an internship at 60 Minutes, and was the first intern in the history of the show to earn an on-air Production Assistant credit, and was later hired as a Freelance Researcher to investigate a story which aired on the CBS Evening News. This investigative background has proven to be highly effective in the defense of his clients.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Criminal Defense New York City 2020, 2021
- Member, New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Life Member, National Association for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) Legal Committee
- Member, New York Criminal Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers